Saturday, August 16, 2008

Life is good!

I'm horrible sometimes at keeping things up to date so please forgive me! I am officially 8 months out and 120 lbs. down. I weigh 192 lbs. and can wear sizes 14, 16's and mediums and larges...I guess that makes me somewhat close to normal although most people would think that is still huge. I can eat a somewhat normal meal depending on what I am eating and I rarely throw up anymore. Being this far out is more of a struggle now because my weight and eating habits are largely dependent on me and not what the surgery will do for me. While I don't lose as quickly, not even more than 2 to 4 lbs. a month I am still losing inches.

I think I would lose more if I ate better but this is my lifelong struggle. I can eat things that I shouldn't eat and I have learned I still enjoy food too much. Now I am to the point where I really need to exercise but I don't do it as often as I should. I NEVER get in enough protein or vitamins which may be the reason I have recently had a seizure...no reason for me to have one but still I did have one. This is also something that MeltingMama has documented on her website, over 300 people who have had RNY to be exact who now suffer from seizures. When you have a seizure laws states you are no longer allowed to drive for a specific amount of time, in my state, Kentucky it is 3 mos. while in Florida it is 12 mos. in some states it is even longer.
All in all life is good. In less than a year I have went from having to have help walk half way around our less than an acre pond to walking our 3 acre property without being winded at all. It use to be that I barely walked anywhere but now my husband complains that I walk to fast when we are shopping...lol Today, I even road a go-cart around our property and it was so much fun! It's funny to enjoy things that I am what it seems too old for all over again like a child.

my email

0 comments:

Target Heart Rate

ObesityHelp.com